This is a refrigerated product. A default $29.99 Express shipping fee is applied. It will be shipped out in a insulated styrofoam container with gel and ice packs inside. Parcels are shipped via Canada Post Express.
About BASAGLAR® KwikPens (insulin glargine injection) 100 units/mL
Basaglar (insulin glargine) is a long-acting insulin that begins working several hours after injection and can work at a steady level over a period of 24 hours.
Insulin glargine is a human-made insulin that is similar to that produced in our bodies which it effectively replaces. It helps blood sugar enter the cells so they they can produce energy.
Insulin glargine is used to control high glucose (sugar) and should be used in combination with a healthy diet and fitness program.
It is commonly used in adults and pediatric patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Managing high blood sugar can help avoid any complications such as kidney damage, loss of limbs, sexual dysfunction, nerve problems or blindness.
With proper diabetes management you can lessen the possibility of experiencing a stroke or heart attack.
The following side effects may occur:
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) if you do not consume enough calories or if you perform strenuous physical activity
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Allergic reactions
- Sudden sweating
- Blurred vision
- Tingling hands/feet
- Injection site reaction may occur such as redness, pain and irritation
- Weight gain
- Low potassium
- Irregular heartbeat
If any of these side effects persist contact your pharmacist or doctor immediately as they may adjust your dose.
It is a good habit to carry around sweets (honey, candy, table sugar) or glucose tablets to treat low blood sugar.
Try to eat your meals on a regular schedule and avoid skipping meals. Ask your pharmacist or doctor what to do if you happen to skip a meal.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects but if you should experience any of these side effects contact your doctor immediately for medical advice.
You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Insulin glargine may be used along with other short-acting insulin products and other diabetes medications.
It’s important to read the leaflet which comes with the Basaglar Kwikpen U-100 insulin pen or speak to your pharmacist prior to starting using it. If you have any questions you shouldn’t hesitate to speak to your pharmacist, nurse, doctor or diabetes educator.
Your dosage should be advised by your doctor based on your individual health and condition.
It’s important to measure each dose carefully as directed by your doctor. Even the smallest change in the amount of insulin can have an adverse effect on your blood sugar levels.
Clean the skin with a swab and alcohol prior to injecting insulin.
Medication should be injected under the skin (subcutaneously) of the abdomen, thigh or upper arms once daily or as advised by your doctor.
Insulin glargine can be used once daily, anytime of the day, before meals. Try to keep application during the same time every day such as before breakfast or dinner time.
Carefully follow your doctors instructions, diet,exercise program and treatment plan in order to ensure best results.
Instructions & Warnings
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not inject cold medicine as it can be painful
- Keep insulin at room temperature
- Wash hands prior to injecting insulin
- Inspect product to ensure it’s not clear, colorless or contains any particles
- Do not shake the container to avoid damaging it
- Do not inject into a muscle or vein
- Alternate where you inject the insulin to avoid damaging the skin. Do not inject where skin is damaged, itchy, red or swollen
- Do not mix with other insulin or solution or use it in an insulin pump
- Monitor your blood sugar regularly and keep track of results to share with your doctor
- Do not reuse needles or syringes
- Do not share your pen with other people as this can spread infection
- Speak to your pharmacist about discarding medicine
- Before insulin use: When you get your unused Pens, your insulin should be refrigerated at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- After insulin use: Store your opened Pen at room temperature up to 86°F (30°C) and throw it away after 28 days.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze
- Discard 28 days after first use
- Recap the pen after use to protect from light
Please note that due to government rules and regulations, orders may not exceed 3 months
Please call +1-888-508-0652 or email us if you have any questions or concerns.